ALROSA Diamond Inspector is a mini-laboratory for complex optical test of polished natural diamonds authenticity to be used by jewelry shops, pawn shops and gemologists
ALROSA Diamond Inspector is the only portable diamond detector on the market designed to identify natural origin of polished diamonds using three analytical methods.
Buy ALROSA Diamond Inspector and receive all capabilities mentioned below:
Maximum result reliability
- ALROSA Diamond Inspector uses three optical methods of diamond analysis. Most portable devices use only 1 method. Even heavy and expensive laboratory benchtop devices use 1-2 methods.
- Result quality was proved by tests on various collections of natural, synthetic, enhanced diamonds and simulants.
- A great deal of expert experience, scientific knowledge and effort were put into the device. ALROSA DIAMOND INSPECTOR was developed jointly by the world’s largest by volumes natural diamond mining company ALROSA (PJSC) and a scientific institute TISNCM. TISNCM specializes in R&D of superhard and novel carbon materials for technical application including HPHT- and CVD-diamond synthesis.
Ample technical capabilities of analysis
ALROSA Diamond Inspector detects colorless and near-colorless* polished:
- True natural diamonds.
- Enhanced/man-treated natural diamonds**.
- Non-diamond imitations, including moissanites, cubic zirconia, rhine-stone/rock-crystal, spinel, amethyst etc.
- Synthetic diamonds grown by HPHT or CVD methods (further lab-testing needed***).
Stones could have various cutting shapes**** and carat weight ranging from 0.03 to 10 carats
Test stones in jewelry
- Test stones in rings, earrings and other types of jewelry*****
- Convenient holders are included in the kit
Beneficial price/quality ratio
- ALROSA Diamond Inspector price is substantially lower than that of a set of lab equipment using the same three optical methods.
- Patented innovative solution makes price benefit.
Intelligent and user friendly
- Less than a minute per test – the duration of the analysis could vary depending on the stone.
- Criterions and algorithms applied were developed by the means of scientific expert knowledge and machine learning (neural networks, fuzzy logic.);
- With the help of ALROSA Diamond Inspector and no expert knowledge of your own you can check if your diamond is real, natural and untreated.
- The result displayed by ALROSA DIAMOND INSPECTOR aggregates automatically the results of all 3 optical methods and gives you a clear unified result. Whereas if you use a set of 3 separate analytical appliances you should make the decision by yourself relying on your subjective opinion and discrepant results generated by 3 separate appliances.
Portable and autonomous
The overall dimensions of ALROSA Diamond Inspector are:
You may choose ALROSA Diamond Inspector with metal or plastic frame. The net weight of the device is:
- 3.1 kg with metal frame
- 1.8 kg with plastic frame
ALROSA Diamond Inspector doesn’t need the Internet connection or a computer.
It can be powered by power adapter or power bank.
Functional and Ergonomic
The device can be used in:
- jewelry shops,
- pawn shops,
- online jewelry stores,
- gemological laboratories,
- on business trips,
- at business transactions.
Sustainable and safe
- ALROSA Diamond Inspector is reliable and safe to use.
- It doesn’t need any special care.
- A manufacturer warranty for 1 year is provided for each device.
- You may purchase additional warranty before your current warranty will expire.
* — near-colorless relates only to yellow color D-K and doesn’t relate to blue, green, pink and other low-intensive colors;
** — in very rare cases natural diamonds could have been slightly enhanced by nature (not by man). There is no laboratory equipment that will define with 100% level of confidence that such rare stones were enhanced by nature. So one enhanced stone is traded like enhanced stone no matter how it was treated – by man or by nature;
***- some rare natural diamonds could have the same optical properties as CVD, HPHT-synthetic diamonds. A set of expensive lab-equipment could define the authenticity of diamond with 100% level of confidence.
**** — The device is intended only for working with diamonds and imitations that have a diamond cut with a table/flat face of different form that has a round flat area with diameter 1,5 mm or larger (approximately 3,2 mm2 or larger).
***** — metal parts of jewelry shouldn’t interfere to lean diamond’s flat area to the inspection slot back to back.
Fill-in the form below
and we will get in touch with you